I already posted Assembly Instructions, and some tutorials on programming it.
Couple of month later, they introduced improved Smart Car Arduino Robot KIT Version 2.0 , and also sent me one :-). I posted Assembly Instructions for it too :-). I also mapped the Shield in Visuino , and started work on tutorials.
Elegoo did not stop there however, and yesterday I received the Latest Version 3 Arduino Robot Kit donated for the Visuino development!
This is really much nicer version of the Robot.
My first impression is that the set is of very high quality! Also includes all the necessary tools for the assembly - 2 Slamm Philips type Screwdrivers, and a Hexagonal tool for some of the bolts.
There are a lot of improvements in this version! Here are the main ones:
- The Line Following sensors now are on a single board, and connect with a single cable to the Sensor Shield
- The Infrared Receiver is mounted directly on the Sensor Shield
- There are now spacers included in the KIT allowing the boards to be properly separated from the chassis when mounted
- The Ultrasonic Ranger mount has built in spacers, and can be mounted directly on the servo without the need of a seat
- The battery box has pre soldered connector, and connects directly to the sensor shield. The Arduino is powered from the shield reducing considerably the cable clutter
- It comes with newer version Bluetooth Module, with connector that makes it impossible to connect wrong way the module
- The Motor Mounts have threads on both sides, so it is not possible to install them the wrong way. Now they are fully symmetric and will work no matter how you orient them during the installation
- The Wheels have screws to secure them in place not relying purely on friction to hold them
There are other small improvements too, including a nicer battery charger for example.
Here is the Unboxing Video:
Here are also some pictures from the KIT:
The components are well packet and organized in the 2 layers of the box:
Comes in nice box with handle, and well packed components:
I have already recorded Assembly Videos, and editing them. I plan to post them soon. I am also working to test the robot, and map the Shield in Visuino , and after that I will make some tutorials with it.
Once again, many thanks to the great people at Elegoo for making such a great Robot and donating one for Visuino ! :-)
#Elegoo #Visuino #Arduino #Robot